What Personal Information Help3r Collects
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number or email address, or if you perform a financial transaction on the Site, your payment or account information (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Site, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- Visit the Site;
- Register to use the Site;
- Use the Site to make a purchase;
- Use the Site to ask for help, apply to help others, exchange information, or post content;
- Use the Site to pay for or receive payment for requiring help;
- Contact us through e-mail, telephone, mail, or other correspondence;
- Complete a page or pop-up where you enter information, including choosing to enter a contest;
- interact with banners, pop-ups or Site advertisers;
- Complete a survey; or
- Otherwise provide us with Personal Information.
The Personal Information we may collect may include:
- Your full name;
- Contact information, such as your address, telephone number, or e-mail address;
- Your username and password;
- Your academic and employment credentials;
- If you choose to perform a financial transaction, your payment or account information;
- If you choose to require for help, post applications, exchange information, post comments, the Personal Information you include therein; and
- Any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to submit to us.
Cookies and How Help3r Collects Information through Technological Means
When you visit our Site, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information may include your domain name and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other general information (such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files you request). We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Site, to monitor the usage and performance of our Site, to enhance our customers’ experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns, to improve our Site to better meet your needs, to calculate your user rating, and to suggest content to you. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Site. From time to time we may use information about your preferences and interests to send updates to you about Help3r, its services, special offers, or information that may be of interest to you. Some of our advertisers occasionally serve you cookies as well. We do not have control over cookies placed by advertisers. The amount of information that is sent by your web browser depends on the browser and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser if you want to learn more about what information it sends to websites you visit, or how you may change or restrict this.
We may use a feature on your Internet browser called a "cookie" and/or other similar devices, such as a web beacon. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your computer's hard drive. Web beacons are, for example, small transparent images embedded in a web site. When the web beacon is downloaded, your web browser sends information to the server. Cookies and web beacons are used for a variety of reasons, such as tracking click streams, and for load balancing. Information tracked through these mechanisms may include, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; and (iii) the pages of the Site a user visits. By using cookies, we can deliver faster service, consistent, updated results, and a better experience on our Site. Most browsers give you the option to reject cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies generally hinders the browser's performance and may adversely affect your experience while using our Site.
How Help3r Uses and Discloses Personal Information
- Publish your posts, applications, content, and comments;
- Send you information and updates regarding the posts, applications, content, and comments you have posted;
- Suggest content that may be of interest to you;
- Calculate your user rating;
- Fulfill an order you have made on the Site;
- Complete a financial transaction;
- Respond to your posts or inquiries;
- Personalize your Site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product/service offerings in which you are most interested;
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature;
- Supply you with requested information regarding products or services available on the Site;
- Send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive. Visitors who register or participate in other Site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, you may opt-out using the unsubscribe feature in any of our commercial emails;
- Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
- Carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
If you have provided us with your Personal Information, but later decide you no longer want us to send you any commercial information, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe feature in any of our commercial electronic communications.
Help3r reserves the right to transfer all its information in connection with the sale of all or part of its business, capital stock or assets. We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; or (iii) to protect our rights, safety or property. We may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent, or for any purpose which is permitted or required by applicable law.
We may also use your Personal Information to investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
Personal Information collected online may also be combined with information you have provided to Help3r through other sources such as over the telephone.
How we Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards (appropriate to the sensitivity of such Personal Information) and designed to help protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access. When you perform a financial transaction, your Personal Information is encrypted to help prevent others from intercepting this data. All online financial transactions through our Site are secured with industry-standard 2048 bit SSL encryption.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards which meet these requirements. We destroy Personal Information when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
Although we have taken reasonable and prudent measures to protect our Site, computer systems and any Personal Information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. All third parties that obtain Personal Information from us (e.g., service providers that perform functions on our behalf) are contractually required to protect your confidentiality and Personal Information in a manner consistent with this policy, and/or as required by law.
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require the data processor in that country to maintain protections on the Personal Information that are equivalent to those that apply in Canada.
Access and Rectification
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to Help3r and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.
Children and Parents
Help3r does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If a child has already provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
Third Party Websites
How to Contact Us
- access Personal Information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it, or request that it be deleted;
- request the deletion of Personal Information regarding your minor child; or
Please advise us by contacting our Privacy Officer by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.